Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Forgot My Bread and Fish

Why was it that when Jesus was feeding the 4ooo and the 5000 that all of those people never managed to bring provision for themselves? If you were taking your family or your child or even yourself out, wouldn't you think to go out and get the necessary provisions? And if some reason you hadn't, wouldn't you think of leaving a lot earlier so that you wouldn't faint on the way?

Or do you think that all of this happened so I could show my mercy to those people? That they would receive without having given anything? Or think of the little boy whose mom did have enough sense to pack him some food...he, a child gave away everything he had.

This is what I am asking my precious child. Give me what you have so that I can multiply it back with mercy and provision. I never took that little boy's house, or his dad's donkey. It was that he had open hands, and when I asked of him, he gave. You must be willing to give me all, but not in the way that I am in need to take and leave you penniless, homeless. It's in the way that I am the God of this universe...all is mine. It blesses me and gives me glory when your hearts are turned towards me unselfishly, ready to help, ready to give. But you see, that is my virtue. If you have that virtue, it is because you are my child and I have given you my heart.

I am always ready to give, ready to multiply like I did through my son. It is the condition of your hearts that I look upon to make that happen.

This was a miracle to test people's hearts. When I fed all of them, they wanted to crown me king right away...because I had met there need for a day? What I really wanted was for them to walk with me, to get to know me. To be devoted to me instead of their stomach's or their own needs. Do you realize how fast a full stomach will become hungry again? How fast needs can change? But if you stick with me, I will provide for it all. By first for your heart, which needs my spirit feeding it.

No comments: