Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Desperation

I have lost a lot in my life.  I entered my 30's in turmoil, having lost important people in my life and going through tough times.  A lot of these situation had to do with choices, choices of mine, choices of others.  I felt the presence of God, loved him and served him, and yet I failed to hear  if my choices were explicitly right or wrong.  There is so much noise out there.  

I look back, and for some of these things I still don't have the answers.  But what I do know is that God was with me. I was never alone in my pain, in my turmoil, in my loneliness.  God made me brave at the times I would have crumpled, Holy Spirit urged me on, day after day.   

 There is so much pain, sickness, and craziness in the world.  Sometimes it feels despairing.  But I felt Jesus say, " Do not despair dear one.  Keep on going, as I endured the cross I was ultimately victorious. "  
 
Let me pray for you right now:

Lord, I pray for my dear friend who is a desperate situation.  Light their way with your glory and presence.  Put praise on their lips for your goodness and open for them the floodgates of thanksgiving.   Help them to recognize that if they give this situation to you, that justice is yours.  Protect them from being enticed by the devil to be bitter and hateful.  Cover them and protect them by the Blood of Jesus.  Bring them victory.   Amen.

Psalm 20:5
May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.


When you are victorious, the whole Kingdom of Heaven celebrates.

No comments: